Typical Secret Santa – You pick the worst person out of the hat of names. You have no clue what to buy them. The price limit is stupidly low. You leave it to the last minute limiting your choices even further. For me Secret Santa equals stress but it doesn’t have to be that way. We are fastly approaching the last day at school, or college, or work which means our gift for the big Secret Santa must be sorted.
I thought I’d lend a helping hand and throw together a few ideas of what I think makes a fantastic gift all for under £20 so relatively cheap too.
1) A powerbank – So apparently phones can do everything these days…apart from last a full day on one charge. Fear not. A powerbank can be easily carried around and normally contain at least one full charge for your phone.
This one can even be a handbag or keyring charm, I originally purchased this from ASOS but it is currently out of stock but they sell the same one at Freemans here.
Or if you would prefer something more discreet this pocket sized powerbank which can be purchased here.
2) Stereotypical – I’m thinking Lynx, chocolates, wine…so here are some of my top picks.
- Lynx Duo – £2.49
- Ted Baker Trio – £12.50
- Ted Baker XO for her – £15.00
- Hot waterbottle and socks set – £10.00
- Fox’s Assortment Biscuits – £2.00
- Cadbury Heroes – £2.00
- Ferrero Rocher – £5.50
- Lily O’Briens Dessert Collection – £7.00
- Montepulciano d’Abruzzo – £11.99
- Barefoot Bubbly Pink Mosacato – £7.99
- Sweet Asti Spumate – £5.50
- Jack Daniel’s Whiskey – £18.00
- Edinburgh Gin Gift Set – £16.99
3) Novelty – Novelty can either make or break a present, so air on the side of caution and judge the situation and person before you gift.
- Surprise Mug – £5.99 – Make sure you only gift to someone who can take a joke… I don’t want to be responsible for any P45’s being handed out in the New Year.
- Diamante Computer Mouse – £9.99 – Jazz up someones desk with this quite tacky diamante computer mouse.
- Poo Pourri – £7.99 – Again, another gift for someone who doesn’t mi d a joke…or being offended.
That rounds up my list of Secret Santa Ideas, some very predictable, others quite random and risky. I think the main thing for Secret Santa is thinking of something that is personal to the recipient. Lots more ideas can be found online, a few of my favourite places are ASOS, NotOnTheHighstreet, Prezzybox, Boohoo, findmeagift and Amazon.
I hope you are enjoying Blogmas so far, if you are don’t forget to like and subscribe. MERRY CHRISTMAS X